The Prospects Programme or Living for Life Programme running at our Donegal Centre is designed to support students presenting with Asperger’s Syndrome with the essential strategies and techniques to allow them to enhance their quality of life. Based around an individual training programme, students will be supported to make meaningful choices around their own lives and future training/education or employment options.
It aims to bring those marginalised closer to inclusion within their own community by:
- Supporting people to develop and implement an action plan to achieve the best possible quality of life
- Identifying, involving and strengthening the individual’s personal support network
- Promoting community participation in all aspects of the person’s life
- Describing goals, clearly defining outcomes and the means to achieving them
- Identifying all formal and informal supports and services to be provided or purchased
- Determining the means by which to monitor and make revisions to the plan
- Stating who is responsible for what aspects of the plan and how the implementation will be accountable to the individual
Certification: QQI Level 3 Employability Skills 3M0935 and/or General Learning 4M2010 (Skills for Life).
Certification at all times is optional and will only be offered where it is appropriate and relevant to the learners’ needs.
Please contact the centre in Donegal for more information on Prospects, or contact your local centre for information on any related courses which may suit your needs.
How to apply
If you are interested in this programme, please contact your nearest centre and we will be in touch as soon as possibleContact a Centre